I’m not sure if it’s the cold meds I’m on, but this is simply too awesome to not share. Yoko Ono has always wielded her own unique version of ‘cool’, but this just might take the cake. Take a look and remember – SHE IS 80 YEARS OLD!
In other news (not that I can begin to compete with Yoko!), I have been a busy bee as of late. Some recent projects include:
- Earlier this year I did a commercial shoot for Crofton House, a private girls school in Vancouver. It was a lot of fun and all the girls were all fantastic to work with.
- A recent trip to Victoria, BC to visit with the fine folks at Stocksy. I was interviewed for a recent feature on the story of Stocksy and I am continuing to build my portfolio with them. If you are in need of ah-mazing stock photos, look no further than Stocksy.
- It was an honour to be featured on Mortal Muses as a guest Muse. The women who curate for this digital space are some of the best and most inspiring photographers I’ve met. Thank you to MM for the opportunity to be a part of such an amazing community.
- Several recent commercial shoots with the literacy organization, Decoda. We had a great turnout for a shoot we did that seeks to tell the stories of how real people have been helped and how their lives have been enriched by the insightful literacy programs at Decoda. I met some great people and learned that literacy issues are multi-faceted and ever changing.
- Sparkfly held it’s first event in Victoria this month. It was a sold out event and a night filled with inspiring speakers, warm connections and lots of laughs. We left feeling our cups were full and look forward to more Sparkfly events both here in Vancouver and in Victoria next year.
- Last month I had the opportunity to take photos for Alisha Tacoma. She is a well known RMT in Vancouver who has recently started her own business. She has a background in prenatal massage, but works with all clients. I am happy to offer clients of Alisha’s a special discount and she will be honouring a special rate for clients of mine. What are you waiting for? Go get a massage!
- While in Tofino I was on assignment for Mink Chocolates. It was a rough gig. I was sent with boxes of delicious chocolates and I was in a place surrounded by exquisite beauty. A dream project indeed:)
- Aside from all this I’ve been busy with my portrait clients and have enjoyed doing lots of family sessions this fall. The weather has been unusually dry and sunny for this time of the year and I’ve been enjoying shooting outdoors with my clients. I’m booking in to January 2014, but I have a few spots open if you would like a session before Christmas.
I’m so lucky to have had incredible clients and interesting projects this year. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of it all. Somehow this is unintentionally becoming a “year in summary” post. I have lots more on my plate for the next few weeks, combined with the craziness that this season brings, means that before I can blink it will be 2014!
Cheers to you and yours!! x0